Thursday, February 9, 2017

Plastic Bag Fee

                   Plastic-bag battle will check out for one year 


Hello My Frugal New Yorker's, I am not sure  if you are aware of this but last year the state law makers  wanted to impose a 5 cents bag fee on plastic bags that you get from your grocery store. If your like me and use about 8-10 plastic bags  when I go food shopping. The cost of 5 cents per bag for me would have been between 40-50 cents extra. I am already paying to much for groceries but adding that extra $ cents would have been to much.  Gov. Cuomo said Wednesday he hasn’t decided whether to sign a bill to block implementation of a controversial 5-cent disposable bag fee in New York City. He even said that the five cents will start adding up and that people can not afford that right now. So for now this discussion is off the table and the 5 cents can stay in our pockets!  That sounds like a frugal victory to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment