Monday, February 26, 2018

How Many???

Hello  My Hustlers, How are you doing. My real questions is How Many? How many online stores does a person need? I was watching a video yesterday and this person was selling his stuff on a bunch of different online stores. He was selling on Ebay, Bonanza, Mercari, Sonenvy, eBluejay, Amazon. Just to name a few. I was thinking how many places or rather online stores must you be on to sell your stuff.

I realize that some online stores are better then others. So you try them out but at what cost to you. I remember that Ebay back in the day use to be good and their fees were not as expensive as they are now. The people selling and buying back in the day were nicer then they are now. I use to sell on Ebay until they started changing for the worst and then I got out.

Some of these online stores let you set up for free but they charge you a % when you sell your items. These frees can run in to some money.  Also let's not forget if your using Paypay  to collect your money that's also a fee. So if you have say 3 stores that your stuff is in are you figuring out how much it's costing you in fees to have these stores open? Think about it.

Personally my partner has a bonanza store  and he has paid over $400 in bonanza fees alone last year. But he's a power seller so the money he pays in fees he makes back in sales. But still $400 for the year in fees when you don't have it or not making it in sales is a lot.

I say keep it cheap and simple. Set up a small store online that doesn't charge you a lot of money in fees and  has good traffic and see what happens. Add your products to your store, promote the heck out of it and see if your sales are covering your fees to run the store and making you a profit in the process.

I read somewhere a person said that when she sells online she needs to make candy bar money. That to me is a profit of $2 to 3 dollar or more after all the expenses are paid out. So if you are not making candy bar money with your online store. Then what is a point? Happy Hustling 

No comments:

Post a Comment