Sunday, June 10, 2018

Bookeeping Simple

                                  Hello My Hustles, How Your Hustle Going?


Bookkeeping for the hustler. I dislike bookkeeping but you have to do it. If you don't keep your books how will you know where your monies going and if your making money or not.
Here's what I do since bookkeeping is really not my thing. I get a simple ledger book called Accounts Worksheet book ( that what I use) or a small black and white notebook works just as well  Which ever is cheaper. Check your 99 cent store or Staples  out sometimes they have a sale on ledger books the small ones. The ones with all the lines it. If not get a simple black and white books and draw your own lines.
                                                         Here's what I do 

My First column for  my hustle expenses in that I would put  what it cost me in supplies,  gas money, bus fare, event fees, advertising fees, online fees etc.

My Second Column would be the  money I made from my hustle.

My Third column would be how much I spend on merchandise. Since I run online stores I purchase merchandise for them. If you have a service business you might still need to buy merchandise for giveaways or to sell as part of  the service that you provide.

On the top of my  Bookkeeping page I put in my budget for my hustle. Since I started this $20 hustle I put $20 on the top of my page  With the word budget next to it. But we all know I have went way over that already. Put in a realistic budget say $50-100 to start your hustle. Between advertising and merchandise and other misc. it will cost your about that much to start.
If you can't afford that then read my other post on how to make your hustle money to start your hustle.

Just keep your books so that when the end of the year or you can check your books every 6 months that's up to you. You just need to have a realistic idea of where your at with your hustle. By keeping your books in order you will know if your hustle is profitable, how much money your spend on it and if you might need a new hustle. It also shows you where you need to make some changes when it comes to spending to much in one category versus spending to little in another.

        As long as you keep hustle books  do what works for you and keep hustling.
                                                     
                                                         Happy Hustling

No comments:

Post a Comment