Monday, September 10, 2018

Failures

  
                                 Hello My Hustlers, how's the Hustle going Today?

Today we are talking about failures. Well mine anyway. The things that I have tried over the years that just did not work for me any more.

                                     Flea Markets- I was in the flea market business for 5 years in the beginning it worked. I had places that I would set up on the weekends and the money was good. But the work was hard and stressful. You had to find a place to work, pay the fee for the weekend, set up your stand and hope that people would buy from you.  Sometimes you made money and something you didn't but it was work never the less. The expenses in the end did not justify all the hard work you had to do. Plus you were a slave to the weather if it was nice you worked, rainy you didn't. Summer months  you would sweat to death and get sunburn if it was very hot. The fall was nice to work outside and the holidays mad it easy to sell But the winter months were inside. If you could find a place inside to set up in the winter months to sell . Basically these were church events that had holiday flea markets.

                                      Multi-level Marketing- Back when that was the thing. I sold lingerie and pleasure toys. It was fun at first but again the expense of gas for the car, advertising, buying merchandise and gift giveaways was eating up my profits. Not to mention that you had to find the people to have  home parties, travel all over the place, set up your display in people's home. Not knowing how people are living and  hope your  hostess invited enough people so that you could make some money. For me most of the time it was more of a house party then a selling one.  This was all before social media became so popular.

                                  Selling Books- I love books and I use to buy them in bulk and sell them to my co-workers and people who like to read. Again before social media and the internet took off. I use to get the books at a discount and sell them for a profit. Until the returns on the books were costing me  more then  it was worth. So the profits were lost. I stop selling books.


                                     Avon Lady- this was a bad ideas because I am not a make up person. But for a $10 start up I had to try. I never realized how many Avon people were selling at my job and other places. The competition was to stiff and the profit that you made was to little to keep it up. Also trying to get customers was not an easy task and I really did not believe in what I was selling so I stopped.


 Nowadays I just sell on line in my stores and my T shirt company. They are doing ok but at least I am not spending a lot of time setting up and wishing  on good weather. I just put my stuff out , advertise like crazy, offer discounts, incentive and hope that people will buy something. The best thing is the pressure is not there like the other side hustles I have had. Well these were my failures all I can say is keep trying and keep hustling.


                                                                Happy Hustling 


No comments:

Post a Comment